‘Tis the season for impromptu get-togethers. Will your siblings be meeting at your house to take their children trick-or-treating? Do you have a school fundraiser or potluck that you need to cook for? We found these elegant yet SIMPLE apple caramel cheesecake bars over at WhiskTogether.com and had to share with you.
Don’t become overwhelmed, because it does look like there are a lot of steps — it comes together very quickly.
Grab your 13 x 9 baking pan and your apple corer — you’re halfway there!
Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars
yields 18 servings
2 cups flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup butter, room temperature
24 oz. of cream cheese, soft
1/2 cup sugar plus 4 Tbs., divided
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
3 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and finely chopped
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup AP flour
1/2 cup quick cooking oats
1/2 cup butter, diced
Caramel Ice Cream Topping
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 13×9 pan with aluminum foil
2. In bowl, mix together the 2 cups of flour and 1/2 cup brown sugar. Cut in the 1 cup of butter into the mixture with a pastry cutter, fork or fingers.
3. Press this mixture into the 13×9. Bake 15 minutes.
4. In large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar on medium until smooth. Add eggs one at a time until fully incorporated. Add vanilla. Pour this mixture over the hot crust.
5. In another bowl (or wash that last one out), stir together the apples, 4 Tbs. sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Pour this over the cheesecake mixture.
6. To make the topping, in yet another bowl (sorry!), mix the 1 cup brown sugar, flour and quick cooking oats together. Mix in the butter with a pastry cutter or your fingers until crumbly. Sprinkle this evenly onto the apple mixture. Bake 30 minutes.
7. Cool cheesecake completely at room temperature. This is even delicious from the fridge or from frozen. Drizzle caramel topping onto the cheesecake just before serving.