Flooding occurs in every state. Many people find out too late that they are at rick for flooding. Even worse that their property insurance doesn’t cover flood damage.
- Your homeowners policy does not cover flood loss to your home and contents
- In certain areas, the chance of a flood loss is 25% greater than a loss due to a fire during a 30 year mortgage.
- 6 out of 10 declared disasters involve flooding.
- Homes in areas where there is new construction or where there have been other events, such as forest fires, may be in greater danger than in the past because of changes to the land around them.
- 25% of all floods occur outside of high risk flood area.
- Federally backed mortgages in certain areas require flood insurance policies for the elite of the mortgage.
To ensure that your property and belongings are protected call your independent insurance agent.
Even if you already have a flood policy, you may want to discuss coverages with your agent to ensure that your policy is up to date.